No Show Policy
Etowah County Rural Transportation System’s “No Show Policy” was established due to the abuse of our transit system and the increased cost to operate due to no shows. The goal of this policy is to eliminate individuals from scheduling trips and canceling these trips if they are not able to travel. An additional goal is to help decrease the cost of operations to prevent increase in our fares. Our transit program will record and review no shows for abuse.
Please review our “No Show Policy” and contact our transit program’s Scheduling Department if you have any questions.
No Show Policy
A No Show is defined as:
- Any travel-time having occurred to pick up a passenger that does not ride.
- There has been no advance call by the customer or customer’s representative to cancel the scheduled trip.
- Trip is not canceled one hour prior to scheduled pick up time.
- Any time a driver waits 5 minutes and passenger is not present or ready to leave.
- When a passenger cancels trip once you have arrived at the pick-up location.
Non-canceled rides will be declared a No Show. If your first pick-up for the day is a No Show the remaining trips for the day will be canceled, unless scheduling has been notified.
Any passenger accumulating three (3) No Shows will be suspended from all transit service for 14 days for the abuse of our transit program. If a passenger receives more than one suspension within a year the time period for the second suspension will be thirty (30) days or longer. It will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may be a permanent suspension. Once a passenger receives two (2) No Shows, the passenger will be given verbal warning. Prior to any suspension, a written notification will be mailed to the passenger. Individuals may appeal a suspension. All appeals must be in writing prior to the suspension date and directed to:
Etowah County Rural Transportation
800 Forrest Avenue, Room 215
Gadsden, AL 35901.